The Carrington in Katoomba, New South Wales opened in 1883 as The Great Western.
It was renamed in 1886 as The Carrington after the Governor of NSW, Lord Carrington.
Until the 1960's, it was a premier tourist resort in the Blue Mountains.
By the 1970's, the Blue Mountains became less popular as a holiday destination
and The Carrington closed in 1985.
After 8 years of restoration, it re-opened in December 1998.
These photos represent The Carrington in those waiting years.